Abbotsford Falcons Code of Conduct
Members of ABBOTSFORD FALCONS FOOTBALL and participants in ABBOTSFORD FALCONS FOOTBALL programs and activities are expected to conduct themselves at all times in a manner consistent with the values of ABBOTSFORD FALCONS FOOTBALL. This conduct applies to all forms of interaction, be it face-to-face, or via electronic, including social media (such as Twitter, Facebook, Bulletin Boards, etc…).
Conduct that violates these values may be subject to sanctions pursuant to ABBOTSFORD FALCONS FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION Discipline Policy. All participants of ABBOTSFORD FALCONS FOOTBALL have a responsibility to:
- Maintain and enhance the dignity and self-esteem of members and participants of ABBOTSFORD FALCONS FOOTBALL by:
- Demonstrating respect to individuals regardless of gender, ethnic or racial origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, religion, political belief, disability or economic status;
- Focusing comments or criticism appropriately and avoiding public criticism of athletes, coaches, officials, organizers, volunteers, staff and members;
- Consistently demonstrating the spirit of sportsmanship, sports leadership and ethical conduct and practices;
- Ensuring that the rules of the sport and the spirit of such rules are adhered to.
- Abstain from the use of alcohol, cannabis and tobacco while participating at ABBOTSFORD FALCONS athletic events.
- Abstain from the non-medical use of drugs or the use of performance enhancing drugs or methods.
- Refrain from any behavior that constitutes harassment, where harassment is defined as comment or conduct, directed towards an individual or group, which is offensive, abusive, racist, sexist, degrading or malicious.
- Refrain from any behavior that constitutes sexual harassment, where sexual harassment is defined as unwelcome sexual advances or conduct of a sexual nature when submitting to or rejecting this conduct influences decisions which affect the individual, such conduct has the purpose or effect of diminishing performance, or such conduct creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment;
- Comply at all times with the Constitution, Bylaws, policies, rules and regulations of ABBOTSFORD FALCONS, as adopted and amended from time to time, including complying with any contracts or agreements executed with ABBOTSFORD FALCONS.
In addition to the above, Coaches will have a responsibility to:
- Ensure a safe environment by selecting activities and establishing controls that are suitable for the age, experience, ability and fitness level of athletes;
- Avoid compromising the present and future health of athletes by communicating and cooperating with registered medical practitioners in their diagnosis, treatment and management;
- Educate athletes about the dangers of drugs and performance-enhancing substances;
- Accept and promote athletes’ personal goals and refer to other coaches and sports specialists as opportunities arise;
- Communicate and cooperate with the parents/guardians of athletes who are minors and involve them in decisions pertaining to their child’s development;
- Consider the academic pressures placed on student-athletes and conduct practices and events in a manner that supports academic success.
Athletes who have been selected to be a representative of ABBOTFORD FALCONS will have an additional responsibility to:
- Report any medical problems in a timely fashion, where such problems may limit the athlete’s ability to train or compete;
- Participate in all competitions, events or projects to which the athlete has made a commitment;
- Adhere to ABBOTSFORD FALCONS requirements regarding clothing and equipment.